- Project Designation: Empreendedorismo Qualificado e Criativo
- Project Code: CENTRO-02-0651-FEDER-019205
- Main Objective: Reinforce the competitivity of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Area of intervention: Center of Portugal
- Beneficiary: DRT Micro Precision, SA
- Date of approval: 10-03-2017
- Start: 01-04-2016
- Conclusion: 31-03-2018
- Total Elegible Cost: 2.989.500,00€
- UE Financial Support: 2.092.650,00€
Project Title: Foundation of a micro and nanotechnology unit for production of high dimensional rigor moulds
This project will enable DRT Micro Precision to develop intensive production activities in the precision molding industry, with a strong incorporation of national added value, enabling the increase of its production capacity, innovation, export qualifying its assets specifically for this purpose.
This project will be carried out through a set of initiatives and investments which will have substantial repercussions on the company technological and productive, organizational and marketing capacity. The set of expenses foreseen for this project is related with 3 types of innovation activities, to be implemented in the company, namely:
- Technological Innovation (production and process): summed in the incorporation of high end technology (micro and nanotechnology) able to sustain the development of advanced products with high dimensional rigor, enabling the placement in the market of differentiating and high quality solutions;
- Organizational Innovation: summed by the integrated and automated control of the production process, with intrinsic efficient use of raw material, waste reduction, increase in the process reliability with the integration of new technical staff and tools for Quality Management (ISO 9001);
- Marketing Innovation: summed by the analysis and definition of corporate image, establishment of its digital presence and registration of its brand.
OUTCOMES AND EXPECTED RESULTS
Particularly, this project with allow the company to operationalize its growth strategy through its capacitation with the technological resources necessary to the development of moulds and tools with small dimensions and high dimensional rigor, ensuring the following objectives:
- Endow the company with the technological means (micro and nanotechnology) for an integrated offer (product/service), with greater added value for a market with high demand (high precision moulds);
- Instituting productive capacity and competitiveness in the market;
- Penetrate the national and international market, particularly, in areas such as health/medical industry, electronic and fragrance/cosmetics, or in others in which the dimensional rigor is crucial.